The Jovian Lunar Tour Oct 10, 2018 20:52:42 GMT
Post by AtomHeartDragon on Oct 10, 2018 20:52:42 GMT
Ok, I have now "golded" JLT as well.
My strategy was:
- Burn with radial and tangential components to pass by both Europa and its L4.
- Refuel, plan high velocity intercept of Europa fleet (Marauders), split the tanker before intercept burn, dump half the missiles just before the intercept but keep them with Gunship and set nose forward, ignore range on everything, except laser which I disabled.
- During intercept fire at engines and weapons, briefly switch to homing to "dodge forward", most missiles actually missed (46) so I split them off and later set them on low delta-v trajectory to intercept Io fleet should it still exist by the time missiles reach it, Gunship lost one scatter railgun and a few laser turrets.
- Adjust trajectory to rendezvous with the depot, have tanker rejoin, refuel, set trajectory to join depot.
- Refuel, wait for window, burn for Io (plus corrective burns to fix out of plane perturbations).
- At Io, schedule match orbit retrograde with the Io fleet (intercepting the fleet before completion), refuel and split the tanker before burn, schedule tanker injection into its own orbit, launch missiles after the burn, but keep them with Gunship.
- Nose forward, plus homing to dodge 60mm. Cutter died first to concentrated fire targetting decoy launcher, followed by the Corsair (fire focused on railguns). The schooner survived the longest, despite split nose and few dozen flaks up its nozzle but got sniped with 3mm coilgun while receding. My Gunship suffered quite a bit of damage including one of its reactors.
- Missile fleet on slow trajectory turned out unnecessary.
So that's it, I have achieved gold in all the campaign missions.